Tutorial on information and analytical work. Information: collection, protection, analysis
|Information plays a special role in the development of civilization. Possession of information resources and their rational use create conditions for the optimal management of society. Conversely, the distortion of information, blocking its receipt, the use of unreliable data leads to erroneous decisions.|
One of the main factors ensuring efficiency in managing various spheres of public life is the correct use of information of various kinds. The pace of progress of today, and even more so of tomorrow, largely depends on the state of affairs in the field of information and computer services for the most important fields of activity - science, technology, production and management.
The problem of using economic information in the sphere of management of material production, where the growth of information flow is in quadratic dependence on the industrial potential of the country, is particularly relevant. In turn, the rapid development of automation processes, the use of computers in all areas of modern life, in addition to the undoubted advantages, led to the emergence of a number of specific problems. One of them is the need to ensure effective protection of information. Based on this, the creation of legal norms enshrining the rights and obligations of citizens, groups and the state for information, as well as the protection of this information become the most important aspect of the state information policy. Information security, especially in the economic sphere, is a very specific and important activity. Suffice it to say that in the world the average amount of damage from a single bank theft using electronic means is estimated at $ 9,000. Annual losses from computer crimes in the USA and Western Europe reach $ 140 billion. According to American experts, the removal of information protection systems from computer networks will lead to the ruin of 20% of medium-sized companies in a few hours, 40% of medium and 16% of large companies will fail in a few days, 33% of banks will collapse in 2-5 hours, 50% of banks in 2-3 days.
Of interest are information about data protection problems that led to material losses in US companies:
network failures (24%);
software errors (14%);
computer viruses (12%);
computer malfunctions (11%);
data theft (7%);
unauthorized network deployment (4%);
The rapid development and distribution of computer systems and information networks serving banks and exchanges is accompanied by an increase in offenses related to theft and unauthorized access to data stored in computer memory and transmitted via communication lines.
Computer crimes occur today in all countries of the world and are common in many areas of human activity. They are characterized by high secrecy, the complexity of collecting evidence on the established facts of their commission and the complexity of proving such cases in court. Violations in the field of computer information can be committed in the form of:
frauds by computer manipulating a data processing system for financial gain;
computer espionage and software theft;
theft of services (time), misuse of data processing systems;
unauthorized access to data processing systems and "hacking" them;
traditional business (economic) crimes committed by data processing systems.
Computer crimes are committed, as a rule, by highly qualified system and banking programmers, specialists in the field of telecommunication systems. A serious threat to information resources is represented by hackers and crackers penetrating computer systems and networks by hacking protection software. Crackers, in addition, can erase or modify the data in the information bank in accordance with their interests. Over the past decades, a powerful generation of highly trained potential hackers has appeared in the countries of the former USSR who worked in organizations and departments dealing with information piracy at the state level to use information received from the West for military and economic interests.
What are hackers stealing? A potential object can be any information embedded in a computer, passing through computer networks or located on computer media and capable of making a profit for the hacker or his employer. This information includes almost all information constituting a commercial secret of firms, ranging from development and know-how to payrolls, from which it is easy to “calculate” the company's turnover, number of employees, etc.
Particularly valuable is the information on banking transactions and loans, conducted by e-mail, as well as transactions on the stock exchange. Of great interest to hackers are software products, estimated on the current market in the thousands, or even millions of dollars.
Crackers - “computer terrorists” - are engaged in corrupting programs or information with the help of viruses - special programs that ensure the destruction of information or the malfunctioning of the system. Creating a "virus" programs - it is very profitable, as some manufacturers use viruses to protect their software from unauthorized copying.
For many companies, obtaining information through introducing a hacker programmer to competitors is the simplest and most profitable business. To introduce special equipment to rivals, to constantly monitor their office for radiation with the help of special equipment is costly and dangerous. In addition, a competitor firm in the detection of technical means may in response to start a game, giving false information. Therefore, your hacker-programmer in the "camp of the enemy" - the most reliable way to deal with competitors.
Thus, the ever-increasing danger of computer crime, especially in the financial and credit sphere, determines the importance of ensuring the security of automated information systems.
Information security organizations (institutions)
Security of an automated information system of an organization (institution) is understood as its security from accidental or deliberate interference in the normal functioning process, as well as from attempts of theft, modification or destruction of its components. System security is achieved by ensuring the confidentiality of the information processed by it, as well as the integrity and availability of system components and resources.
Confidentiality of computer information is a property of information to be known only to authorized and certified (authorized) subjects of the system (users, programs, processes, etc.).
The integrity of a component (resource) of a system is the property of a component (resource) of being unchanged (in a semantic sense) when the system functions.
The availability of a component (resource) of a system is the property of a component (resource) to be available for use by authorized subjects of the system at any time.
The security of the system is provided by a set of technological and administrative measures applied to hardware, programs, data and services in order to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of computer-related resources; this also includes procedures for verifying that the system performs certain functions in strict accordance with their planned work procedures.
The system security system can be divided into the following subsystems:
Computer security is provided by a set of technological and administrative measures applied to computer hardware in order to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of its associated resources.
Data security is achieved by protecting data from unauthorized, accidental, intentional or negligent modifications, destruction or disclosure.
Secure software is general purpose and application programs and tools that perform secure data processing in a system and use system resources safely.
The security of communications is ensured through the authentication of telecommunications by taking measures to prevent the provision of critical information to unauthorized persons, which can be issued by the system in response to a telecommunications request.
The objects of information security in the enterprise (company) include:
information resources containing information classified as a commercial secret and confidential information presented in the form of documented information files and databases;
means and systems of informatization - means of computing and organizational equipment, networks and systems, system-wide and applied software, automated systems for managing enterprises (offices), communication and data transfer systems, technical means for collecting, recording, transmitting, processing and displaying information, and their informative physical fields.
In the modern world, information resources have become one of the powerful levers of economic development of enterprises (firms) that play an important role in entrepreneurial activity. Moreover, the lack of effective computer and modern information technologies in the domestic business, which are the basis for the functioning of “fast” economies, significantly hampers the transition to new forms of business.
In informational and automated enterprise (company) management systems, the forefront is ensuring the effective solution of marketing management tasks, i.e., accounting and analysis of contracts and contacts of an enterprise (company), searching for business partners, organizing advertising campaigns for product promotion, rendering intermediary services, developing market penetration strategies, etc.
Without the support of various political, commercial and official law enforcement agencies, it is usually possible to carry out any serious operation qualitatively only by hiding their true activities (“illegals of the case”) and their true face (“illegals of the individual”).
This applies both to an amateur individual and to an informal grouping specifically created for solving some delicate, non-universally approved tasks.
The same problem arises when, for some reason, a person has to hide from various services of a commercial, state, criminal, or political type.
You can become a typical illegal either intentionally or forcedly. In any case, however, it is necessary to know at least a minimum of standard security tactics in order to successfully skip this period without losing physical or mental freedom, and sometimes life itself, by the apparent stupidity.
The level of insurance measures used depends greatly on the degree of the desired conspiracy of the person (or group), and on the situation, the environment and, of course, on the capabilities of the insured themselves.
Separate personal security practices should become a natural habit and be carried out regardless of the needs of the momentary situation.
Presented here does not exhaust the possible means of everyday insurance, the criteria for the application of which is always the high opinion of the enemy and, of course, the common sense of the insured themselves.
The following types of security are typical:
External (in the course of communication with outsiders);
Internal (when contacting in your environment and group);
Local (in different situations and actions).
Consider all this in a little more detail.
Various troubles can arise when communicating with ordinary people and government agencies, but much can be foreseen and avoided here, using the banal principle of the three “no”: not to irritate, not to get involved, not to stand out.
It is necessary:
Do not attract excessive attention to yourself (tactics of "dissolving in the environment"):
- do not stand out by appearance (ordinary haircut, decent clothes, the absence of something “shrill”; if, however, your environment is extravagant, then be like them ...);
- not to get involved in quarrels and scandals (this, firstly, draws unnecessary attention to you, and secondly, it may just be a provocation aimed at detention or “punishment”);
- Carefully pay all utility bills and other state fees; always pay transportation fare;
- try to accurately follow the picture of the chosen social role and have no complaints about the work (and not stand out there on the general collective background ...);
- do not inflame obsessive curiosity of neighbors with unusual way of life or visits of different people;
- not to be excessively aware of anything, unless, of course, your role requires it (do not forget the ancients: “The vigilant should have a law on three: no, I don't know, I have not heard, I don't understand”)
Not to cause any hostility in neighbors, colleagues and acquaintances, but to arouse sympathy in them:
- not to be a “white crow” (the one who reveals himself from the side he understands ...) always has people to himself;
- develop a behavior that does not cause others possible caution (excessive curiosity, "mind" or obsession ...) or hostility (tactlessness, tediousness, pride, rudeness ...);
- to be even and gracious with all those around them and, if possible, provide them with small (but not servile!) Services;
- Do not do anything that can cause discontent and curiosity of neighbors (slamming the door at night, an excess of visitors, returning home by taxi, visits by women, late phone calls in a common apartment ...).
Carefully monitor all your contacts and contacts (remember that “the enemy most dangerous of all is unaware”):
- keep secrets from your neighbors (wives, friends, relatives, mistresses ...);
- with the usual caution ("why and why?") Always perceive attempts to get close to you (casual acquaintance, someone's recommendations ...);
- be attentive to all employees of the repair services, advertising and service, view their documents and politely, but reasonably, verify the identity by phone, and then from the “colleagues”;
- be careful with all those who offer “disinterested” services (lend money, actively help in something, provide something necessary on the cheap ...).
Find out your own vulnerabilities and know how to hedge here:
- analyze your whole life and highlight those dubious points that can be used to blackmail or to discredit;
- realistically assess the possible consequences of the announcement of such facts to all those to whom they can be communicated;
- to estimate who is able to know compromising and for what reason and how it is possible to neutralize such awareness;
- identify the objects of your vulnerability (woman, children, moral principles ...), because through them you can be pressured;
- identify your weaknesses (hobbies, wine, sex, money, character traits ...) and remember that they can always be used against you.
- Do not get involved in questionable scam, not related to the common cause. In risky adventures relevant to the case, stick in only with permission from above.
Contacts in your own environment cannot be considered as guaranteed to be safe. Remember that "the greatest harm usually comes from two conditions: from the disclosure of secrets and trust of the perfidious."
Preserving the secrets of the person:
- instead of authentic names, pseudonyms are always used (usually nominal, but also numeric, alphabetic, or “nicknames”); in each direction, the “players” take place under a separate pseudonym, although it is possible to work under several options, as well as operating under a common pseudonym of several different persons;
- team members, if possible, know each other only under pseudonyms; Only authorized representatives should be aware of genuine names, home addresses and telephone numbers;
- with the looming possibility of failure and decryption, all applied pseudonyms, as a rule, change;
- should not give anyone any intimate and other information about their own person;
- try to create (using hints or rumors) a fictional, but seemingly believable "legend" about yourself;
- no one in the group should show excessive interest in the activities, habits and intimate life of their comrades;
- no one should tell others any information about partners, unless this is urgently required;
- in some cases, it makes sense to visually change the appearance (hair, beard, makeup, wigs, tattoos, skin color, glasses with simple or smoky glasses and different frames, inserts that change the voice and gait ...);
- it is necessary to acquire the habit of not leaving behind any material traces that indicate that you were here (cigarette butts, abandoned pieces of paper, footprints from shoes, contrasting smells, noticeable changes in the environment ...).
Keeping the secrets of the business:
- active working contacts are maintained with a strictly limited set of persons (a system of triples or fives depending on the tasks to be solved ...), while associates should not know what exactly the partners are doing;
- each specializes in only two or three areas, after it has become too dangerous for him to engage in activities in one of them - a respite is possible, as well as a transition to another direction;
- it is necessary to strictly distinguish between operational and informational work: let everyone do their work only;
- it is best to mask the preparation for a specific action of the event to implement the other;
- you can only talk about your activities to others if it is necessary for them to do; remember that the secret is kept by a maximum of five people;
- it is necessary to transmit the received information only to those for whom it is obviously necessary (showing excessive awareness in something that can reveal the source of information, and this may lead to its neutralization);
- be careful when using communication tools that provide clear opportunities for intercepting information (mail messages, radio and telephone calls ...);
- not to write in plain language in letters of real addresses, names and installations, not to mention them in conversations conducted on the street or by phone;
- use codes and pseudonyms even when intragroup communication, changing them from time to time;
- the group should have 2-3 separate ciphers, known to different people;
- count more on memory than on recording; in the latter case, you must use your personal code and cipher;
- try not to have compromising papers written in one's own handwriting or printed on one’s own office equipment;
- to communicate with the "illuminated" persons, to refrain from direct contact, using, if necessary, side persons or other means of communication;
- always take into account and remember that there is a possibility of information leakage or betrayal, and be prepared for appropriate counter-actions.
The best guarantee of success is usually a safety net, and therefore any actions should be carried out taking into account all possible troubles on the part of the enemy or accidentally turned up witnesses.
General rules of direct communication
try not to conduct informative conversations in clear text on a crowded street or on public transport;
should not be mentioned in an open conversation of real surnames, first names, well-known nicknames and addresses, and also not to use “disturbing” terminology;
use code names to designate individual actions;
the most secret aspects of the conversation (real addresses, passwords, dates) are written on paper, which is then destroyed;
it is necessary to navigate the technical capabilities of the interception systems and to know elementary measures to counter them (see the section on obtaining information ...);
if one of the interlocutors notices something disturbing during a conversation, the partner is warned with a special word (“atas” ...) or with a gesture (finger to lips ...), and the whole conversation is translated into a neutral channel;
if you know that you are being overheard, it is better not to conduct informative talks or to use them for disinformation;
when you are supposedly “listened”, but you still need to communicate, you use conditional language, where innocuous sentences have a completely different meaning; phrases are also used that should not be taken into account (they are usually communicated by some agreed gesture, for example, by crossing their fingers ...), and often by standard techniques (coughing, inserts in the mouth ...) that impede the speaker’s identification;
when it is necessary to ensure complete secrecy of communication in a crowded place, they use methods of conditional (non-verbal) communication, such as the language of gestures, gestures and gestures with fingers, as well as codes based on clothing attributes (different positions of headgear, necktie, handkerchief .. .) or to manipulate handy objects (watches, cigarettes, keys ...).
A. SECURING PERSONAL SAFETY:
- try to negotiate the time of others and your own calls and limit the frequency of contacts;
- Do not abuse the conversations on your own phone (considering that they can listen to him) and not give others your room without any obvious need (knowing that it is easy to get to your address);
- take into account that they can listen as the entire telephone conversation (when connected to the line ...), and only what you are talking about (pledged "bug" or a neighbor behind the door ...);
- it is useful to build in the device the simplest “control” (fixing the voltage drop ...) on the connection to the line of other equipment;
- use the caller ID (automatic caller ID), but it would be better to have an “anti-anti-caller ID” in order not to advertise your number when calling others;
- do not rely on the reliability of any cordless phones;
- it is better to carry out long-distance and other fixed contacts from someone else's “number” via cellular “double” or radio transmitter (see the section on blackmail ...), as well as through direct connection to any pair of contacts in the switchboard;
- for greater secrecy of negotiations, you can use encryptors (at least unpretentious improvised inversors and scramblers), although their use can sharply stimulate the attention of others;
- it is not necessary to trust the protection by means of “noise” or “voltage rise in the line”;
- if you do not want to “decipher” the interlocutor, then you can try to change your voice (by means of mechanical and electronic things, or by simply coughing, stretching and diluting your lips, pinching your nose ...) and a stylistic pattern of conversation (using jargon ...);
- do not forget that sometimes pay phones are also monitored, the location of which is easily calculated, like all other phones;
- if you need someone else's call, but you don’t want to give your coordinates, an intermediate call is used - with an answering machine or a live "dispatcher" who can either know or not know (one-way version ...) your private number is a telephone;
- in some cases, it is possible to use the phone wordlessly, when one or, more often, several “empty” calls in a certain rhythm are some code;
- sometimes a specific signal may simply be the fact of a call of a certain person at the most trifling conversation, as well as the code mention of conditional names with an “error number”.
B. SECURITY OF WONDERFUL SAFETY:
- Do not conduct business conversations in clear text;
- not to name the true dates, surnames, addresses;
- use code names of individual actions;
- use conditional language in which innocuous phrases have a completely different meaning;
- call only if necessary, although it is also possible to have frequent “not-in-case” conversations with the same person (“dissolving information” tactics).
V. TALKING UNDER OUTSIDE:
- the whole dialogue is conducted by the partner, and you just say “yes” or “no”, so that the people next to it do not understand and do not recognize;
- that a number of strangers are reported in clear text or verbal code; the conversation should then be led by a partner who is not befitting to ask any questions that require detailed answers;
- when there is direct control of a not very friendly person, the partner is warned about this negotiated phrase-code (preferably in the greeting ...), after which the entire conversation is conducted in the empty space or in a disinformation style;
- if one of the interlocutors thinks that his phone is being tapped, he immediately tries to warn the callers about it through the well-known to all of them phrase (“teeth hurt” ...), and the conversation then turns into a neutral channel.
D. USING THE COMMON TELEPHONE (AT THE APARTMENT, AT WORK ...):
- use a similar phone as little as possible (in particular - “at the reception”), if this is not related to the role played (dispatcher, advertising agent ...);
- the same person should call this phone;
- try not to call too late and too early;
- when an outsider attempts to identify the caller’s voice (“Who asks?” ...), respond politely to a neutral voice (“colleague” ...) and, if there is no caller, immediately stop further conversation;
- in essence, it is easy to make a separate phone, using, for example, a code splitter, so that at the same time a specific dialing of a common number will reliably provide a call only to your device, without affecting the next one at all.
Organization of meetings
The level of security measures required in specific cases depends on the desired degree of conspiracy of the contact, on the degree of legality of its participants and the possible control of it by outsiders.
A. SELECTION OF MEETING VENUE:
- looking for suitable places for contacting, they usually rely on the principles of naturalness, validity and randomness;
- frequent meetings are the easiest to carry out at the place of the funeral party (fitting into its drawing ...), in the hall of the sports section, in the workroom ...;
- Especially serious meetings can be realized in hunting grounds, specially made summer cottages, in baths, resort sanatoriums, at all kinds of sports bases, on foreign beaches;
- paired meetings are appointed in the subway and squares, in the toilets and in cars, on low-living streets, in zoos, museums and exhibitions; intersections in such places are unlikely, and therefore less dangerous;
- one should refrain from secret meetings in a famous restaurant, trendy cafe and train station, given that such points are usually controlled;
- it is possible to hold “random” meetings in private apartments of third parties on a reasoned occasion (funeral, anniversary, “washing” of some event ...);
- one should not hold any meetings (except for the ordinary ones) in stereotypical communal apartments;
- extremely limited use for contacting their own apartments;
- in some cases it makes sense to rent a special safe house, if possible in the house where there is a backup exit;
- when inspecting the venue, make sure that it is possible to penetrate there imperceptibly and how you can safely escape from there; remember the old truth: “Without knowing how to leave, do not try to enter!”
B. INFORMATION ABOUT MEETING:
- places of possible meetings are usually discussed in advance, and all of them are given a code - literal, numeric or "false" - name, with several options for each;
- about the planned contact to others is reported by phone, pager, letter, as well as through a liaison;
- negotiating a meeting on the lines of "open" communication, use the code name of the place, the encrypted date (for example, the day before the specified) and the shifted time (by a fixed or sliding number);
- before the scheduled date, you must issue a confirmation of the contact either in clear text or by signal connection;
- if at a meeting, waiting is permissible (at a bus stop of a city transport, in a queue at a gas station ...), it is advisable to indicate a specific period of time, after which it is not necessary to wait.
- At crowded meetings should not arrive in a crowd, and dispersed and not leaving in one place all personal cars;
- try to avoid the presence at the gathering of any unauthorized and unnecessary persons;
- realizing that those who do not have to know about crowded secret meetings, most likely, should not be taken with obviously compromising things (weapons, forged documents ...) and remember that they can sometimes be slipped;
- it is very desirable to control the place of communication by special people before, during and after the meeting, so that if necessary they can warn of the emerging danger, using any signals that are discussed (taking into account their seizure);
- with all kinds of contact, you have to figure out how you can be peeped or overheard, stubbornly asking yourself brief questions: “Where? How? Who?";
- especially secret conversations should be carried out in local isolated points, checked and insured for all possibilities of eavesdropping, peeping and undermining;
- it is desirable to have at least unpretentious indicators that report on the emission of radio microphones or that the interlocutor has a recording voice recorder;
- it is useful to use even “clumsy” spark silencers, as well as generators for erasing magnetic recordings;
- classic illegal pair-up meetings are always calculated up to a minute and are held as “random”;
- in order to arrive at the meeting point at exactly the appointed time, it is necessary to carry out the timing of the movement in advance and give a certain amount of time for all kinds of surprises (blocking the route route, sticking an outsider, transport accident ...);
- if the meeting is scheduled on the street, then it does not interfere with walking there an hour before the meeting, carefully looking at every passer-by and all parking cars; if you are worried about something, then the contact must be postponed, informing your partner about it by means of camouflaged signaling communications;
- when meeting with unfamiliar personas, they are recognized by the description of their appearance, a specific posture or gesture, a mention of things held in their hands, and best of all by a photo, with further confirmation of their identity with a verbal (and other) password;
- it is necessary to be located in the hospital in such a way that all the time it is possible to control the obvious places of the threat (for example, in a cafe - facing the entrance, while watching what happens outside the window and being located close to the open service passage ...);
- remember and follow all previously mentioned rules of verbal communication.
G. ORGANIZING THE HOLDING OF CLOSED
The organization of any event, including meetings and negotiations, is associated with its preparation. There are no uniform error-free rules in this direction. However, the following variant of the scheme of such preparation is recommended: planning, collecting material and its processing, analyzing the collected material and editing it.
At the initial planning stage, the topic or issues that are desirable to discuss, and possible participants in a business conversation are determined. In addition, the most opportune moment is chosen, and only then they agree on the place, time of the meeting and the organization of the company's security (as a rule, such conversations are held in private, confidentially, without the participation of unauthorized persons).
When the meeting has already been scheduled, a schedule is drawn up. First you need to determine the goals facing the entrepreneur, and then develop a strategy to achieve them and tactics of conducting the conversation.
Such a plan is a clear program of action for the preparation and conduct of a specific conversation. Planning allows you to mitigate, neutralize the impact of unexpectedly appeared new facts or unforeseen circumstances on the course of the conversation.
The plan includes those responsible for the implementation of each item of the plan and the following arrangements for organizing the security of the meeting (negotiations):
1. Meeting with the client guests arriving at the meeting.
2. Coordination of actions of the main guards and bodyguards of the invited persons.
3. Protection of clothes, things of guests and their cars in the adjacent territory.
4. Preventing incidents between guests at the meeting.
5. Monitoring the state of drinks, snacks and other treats (for these purposes use trained dogs).
6. Identification of suspicious persons at an event or in adjacent premises.
7. Cleaning of premises (conference hall and adjoining rooms) before conducting negotiations on the subject of retrieval of eavesdropping and explosive devices.
8. Establishment of posts for fixing and monitoring individuals:
a) coming to the business reception or meeting with convolutions, with portfolios, etc .;
b) bringing audio or video equipment to the event;
c) who come to a business reception or meeting for a short time or unexpectedly leave the event.
9. Preventing tapping of conversations between event organizers and guests on the premises and by telephone.
10. Development of spare options for conducting negotiations (in a private apartment, in a hotel, in a car, on a boat, in a bath (sauna), etc.
This list of events is not exhaustive. It can be significantly expanded and specified depending on the conditions of the object of protection, the nature of the event and other conditions agreed with the client.
Among the common tasks that are solved during the meeting (negotiations) or other public events are:
1) the premises for negotiations are chosen in such a way that they are located on the first or the last floor and are located between the premises that are controlled by the security service;
2) familiarization with the object of protection, the establishment of the state of the criminal situation around it;
3) the establishment of interaction with the police during the events;
4) the establishment of access control in order to prevent the introduction of weapons, explosives, combustible and poisonous substances, drugs, heavy objects and stones onto a protected object;
5) warning of passage to a guarded area or to a guarded premises of persons with dogs;
6) control and maintenance of order in the adjacent territory and in adjacent premises;
7) the distribution of roles among the guards of the reinforcement group (support);
8) determining the equipment of the guards, including their weapons and communications;
9) the establishment of open and "encrypted" control and surveillance posts;
10) preparation of transport in case of extreme circumstances and evacuation of participants in the event;
11) checking the stability of communication in the territory of the object in order to identify the so-called "dead zones";
12) checking the possibility of using gas weapons and tear gas canisters in order to identify the direction of air movement, drafts and twists, so that the guards themselves will not suffer as a result of the use of special means;
13) checking the coherence of the guards by working out various introductory tasks.
During the working phase of security, security personnel (security company) must accurately fulfill their obligations as stipulated at the preparation stage.
In this case, special attention is paid to the following questions:
1) arrival of the late participants of the event, who are counting on weak access control after the start of the meeting (negotiations);
2) mandatory inspection of the contents of briefcases and bulky bags or the use of hand-held metal detectors, detectors of explosives vapors used to detect mines, grenades, taw bombs and other explosives;
3) special inspection, at least a visual one, must be carried out on vehicles entering and leaving the protected area. This is especially important in order to prevent the intrusion of outsiders on the protected object and to exclude the participants in the meeting (negotiations) from mining vehicles;
4) the control of the salons and the boot of the departing cars can prevent the abduction of persons who arrived at the event, with the aim of extorting from the organizers of the meeting (negotiations);
5) protection of outer clothing and personal belongings of participants in the event in order to eliminate its theft and establish radio bookmarks;
6) despite the desire of the leaders of the event to have a beautiful view from the window, it is necessary to take into account that the terrain should be comfortable for control by the security service (security company);
7) under the windows of the premises of negotiations there should not be parked cars in which there can be equipment for retrieving information from radio bookmarks;
8) the creation of security zones of the room intended for negotiations, and the equipment of its special equipment, screens, noise generators, etc .;
9) when negotiating in order to preserve trade secrets, all “secret” information is presented in writing, and its discussion is in Aesopian language.
At the final stage of the event, the vigilance of security officers (security company) is required, despite the seemingly insignificant insignificance of events at the facility, which can be very deceptive.
Inspection of the object after the completion of the event may be associated with no less risk to life than work in the previous stages. During this period, the final cleaning of the object is carried out using the same methodology as during the preparatory activities. In this case, it is necessary to search for persons who may hide at the facility, or victims of criminals who need medical assistance. Close attention is paid to forgotten objects and things.
Souvenirs and gifts given to the head of the organization (company) and other participants of the event are subject to control inspection.
Anything discovered by the security at the facility that is not owned by the employees of the organization (company) is subject to transfer to the client or the administration of the protected premises along with one copy of the inventory. The second copy of the inventory with the signature of the person who accepted the things for storage is in the security service (security company).
In order to avoid misunderstandings, it is recommended that the rented premises be handed over to the administrations in accordance with the object acceptance certificate, which will help maintain the company's image.
An apartment, a car, a street, a restaurant cannot be reliable "protectors" of commercial secrets. Therefore, it is worthwhile to heed the advice of professionals.
When conducting business meetings, be sure to close the windows and doors. It is desirable that the room for negotiations served as an isolated room, such as a hall.
Competitors, if they wish, can easily listen to conversations, settling down in the neighboring premises, for example, in an apartment on the floor above or below. The times when the scouts of all countries and peoples had drilled holes in the ceilings and walls were long gone - especially sensitive microphones allow getting the necessary information almost without hindrance.
For negotiations it is necessary to choose rooms with insulated walls, to get acquainted with neighbors living on the floor above and below; find out if they donate their apartment (room) to strangers. It is necessary to turn the neighbors into allies, but at the same time consider that they can play a double game or quietly turn from well-wishers into blackmailers.
The activity of competitors depends primarily on the seriousness of their intentions. If necessary, listening devices ("bugs") can be installed directly in the apartment of an entrepreneur - and then neither iron doors, nor imported locks, or well-trained security guards can help.
A business person should ask his relatives to invite home only well-known people, if possible, to control their behavior. During the reception, the doors of the home office should be locked with a key, and in order not to seduce children, the VCR and the computer should be in an accessible place. The computer, naturally, should be without working programs and confidential information.
If you suspect that your car is “equipped”, it is necessary to carry out a “clean car” operation in it before negotiating.
On the eve of a business meeting, one of the employees of the company or a friend of an entrepreneur whom he fully trusts must leave the car at the appointed place. A few minutes after that, the business man changes from his car to the one he left and, without stopping anywhere, goes to the negotiations. In this case, you should not forget to take a power of attorney for the right to drive someone else's car!
During negotiations, the car must be in motion, and its windows are tightly closed. At stops (for example, at a traffic light), it is better not to discuss confidential issues.
Let's analyze where else a business person can hold an important business meeting?
On the street. Two types of microphones can be used to listen to conversations - highly directional and built-in. The first allow you to shoot information at a distance of a kilometer within the line of sight. Built-in microphones act in the same way as radio tabs.
In order to effectively deal with highly directional microphones, it is necessary to move all the time, dramatically changing the direction of travel, using public transport, organizing counter-observation — with the help of security services or hired agents of private detective firms.
In the restaurant. Static position allows you to control conversations in the common restaurant halls. Therefore, to hold such business meetings a reliable headwaiter is needed. At a convenient time for the entrepreneur and unexpectedly for competitors, a table or a separate room is reserved, which, in turn, must be under the reliable control of the company's security service. Attempts to silence a conversation with the sounds of a restaurant orchestra, as, by the way, and the sound of water, are ineffective.
In the hotel room. Reservation of a hotel room for negotiations should be carried out secretly. After the start of a business meeting, security officers must control not only their neighbors, but also all people living on the floor above and below.
All the above methods and countermeasures are effective, provided that those around them are well-organized about the time and nature of the planned meetings (negotiations). When the circle of employees dedicated to the full list of planned events is as narrow as possible and each of them participates in them knows exactly as much as is necessary in terms of his responsibilities, then you can count on success in any business.